Tuesday, October 9, 2007

NOTE TO BUFFALO FANS

Two things are killing Buffalo sports. One of them is something that fans can play a role in and that is to forget the whole working, blue-collared sports town thing. I know lots like this kind of philosophy because that's who we are, but this will always give management (second thing that̢۪s killing our sports) a reason for all of the improbable losses year in and year out. As quoted from Jerry Sullivan's article today, "Ralph Wilson, the owner, said he would be happy if they put on a decent show, even in defeat." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! That's how our football teams owner went into a Monday Night Football game televised across American against a team that beat us two consecutive times in the BIG GAME 11, 12 years ago. Come on, show some confidence. Going into that game I was saying that there had been no upset and that football was due for one that week. But because our owner felt this way, our head coach felt this way; translating into the outcome. I like Dick Jaroun as a person, but not as a head coach of my football team. The same can be said about the offseason for the Sabres, but I'm not going into detail because I have already done it countless times and I know that all Sabres fans know too. Sullivan ends his article saying, "Their long- suffering fans will pick themselves up, too, and come back for more. It's part of being a Buffalo sports fan. How many times can you do it, though? Really, after a night like this, how much more of this can you take?" Management knows that they have us by the balls. If we don't show up, the Sabres and Bills will pack up and move to Las Vegas, or Las Angeles or even Toronto. We seriously must be insane when it comes to sports. I, like so many other Buffalo fans, have no voice today. I, like so many Buffalo fans, are tired today. I, like so many Buffalo fans, had to go to work today. For what? For a championship that is never coming.

No comments: