Sunday, June 24, 2007

Crash O Rama









A couple of Saturdays ago, Ryan "John Sanders" Welch, Mike Welch, his grandparents and I celebrated Ryan's birthday by first trout fishing, then eating dinner at Earls, and then going to the Crash O Rama in Holland, New York. Here are some details of that day.
Fishing:
I already posted on this event.
Dinner:
Earls was good. I had a beef on weck with a slice of pie. It was apple. I give Earls 2 thumbs up!
Crash O Rama
If this event was not one of those redneck gatherings, I don't know anything about life? Holland Speedway was packed with 10,000 screaming rednecks, all wanting to see a couple of innocent racers get injured and cars get wrecked. This night provided you with your typical cars ramming into others, cars landing in RV's, and the school bus figure eight race, but the best of the night was the trailer boat race. A couple of years ago, I witnessed near perfection from a guy named Raybow out of Orlando, Florida. He almost completed the race without losing his trailer boat! Amazing. This year though, everyone lost their boats within the first three laps. But this race was very entertaining and the crowd loved it. The much hyped motorcycle demolition derby was a huge disappointment, and the crowd let them have it.
Evaluation of the trip:
I give this trip 4 1/2 out of 5 stars only because of some unforeseen obstacles that hurt us when Ryan and I were fishing and the motorcycle derby. I can hardly wait until next year.
Sincerely,
John aka Ronnie James Dio aka Holy Diver

PS Sorry about the annoying underlining. I can't seem to figure out what the problem is right now.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

wow that is a sexy pic of me, can you say playgirl? excellent work John, but I dont know if it was worth the 2 week wait. im ready to set up that mitchell, ps I need a new one I think.