Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ducks Win!



There you have it. The Anaheim Ducks have officially defeated the Detroit Red Wings. I have to give Detroit a lot of credit though. For starters, I did not expect the Red Wings to get this far, especially with Dominik Hasek. Hasek, even though I'm not a fan, played great this year and I'm surprised he lasted this long. Good for him. Do you expect Hasek to play again next year? Right now I would think yes, but then again I don't know Hasek personally.
Now on to the winners. The Ducks got real lucky on Sunday. They scored a goal with 47 seconds left and then went on to win in overtime while getting outplayed all game. Tonight they took a three goal lead into the third and ended up winning 4-3. They squeaked it out with Detroit coming close at the end.
The funny thing about the Ducks celebration compared to the Senators celebration after the game was the Ducks did not even go near the Western Conference Champion Trophy, while the Sens paraded around the ice with it. I don't want to look at this to seriously, but maybe the Sens are just happy to be in the Cup finals while the Ducks are on a mission to win it all. Again this is just a thought and may not even come close to describing the moods on both teams.
Finally I'll give you my prediction for the finals. If both special teams units continue to play the way they have been playing, I would have to give the advantage to the Sens. Another weakness I see in the Ducks is they only regularly role three lines and two sets of defensemen. If this turns out being a long series, I again would give the advantage to the Sens because of this lack of depth. Niedermayer has looked extremely weak defensively as well, and this is who I want to concentrate on while watching the games to see if he and Pronger can shut down the top line of the Sens. The outcome will be the Sens in six. There defense is tough and if the top line of Alfredsson, Spezza, and Heatley continues to stay hot, they will not have a problem beating the Ducks and JS.
Congrats to both the Senators and the Ducks. It hurts not having the Sabres in the finals, but this was a good experience for them and will make them tougher for next year. See ya, John aka Ronnie James Dio aka Holy Diver

1 comment:

Ryan said...

the new stuff is up and you look ridiculous with the bass!