Monday, May 28, 2007

Beautiful Java






That's right! This Memorial Day Weekend my dad, Ryan, George and I hit this special pond down in Java, New York. This was George's second time fishing and he did quite well. He mainly fished with worms and ended up with 6 Largemouth Bass, 3 Sun Fish and 1 Perch. Nice job, George! As for the bassmaster, my dad practically caught a fish on every cast. He caught the largest Largemouth bass of the day. My dad also had another monster on, but his line snapped. Hey Ryan, I told my dad he has to learn your "special" knot. As for Ryan, he showed why he is going to be the next Sanders with his fly rod and special crankbait. I don't have exact numbers, but I'm guessing he caught around 20 to 25 fish. I think most were Largemouth bass with a few Sun fish as well. As for me, it was a special day because I caught my first two Pike ever. I caught both Pike on the same crankbait. I also caught 2 Crappie and 11 Largemouth bass. I can't wait to do some Trout fishing though.

My totals so far:

Largemouth bass- 30
Rainbow Trout- 5
Bullhead- 2
Pike- 2
Crappie- 2
Sun Fish- 1
Chub- 1

2 comments:

Ryan said...

man John I really need to show you how to pose with a fish, nice grin. Why does your dad have to show us up everytime?

Anonymous said...

John........aka Holy Diver,

Nice Pike. Looking forward to the Arcade / Earl's/ Holland Speedway hat trick coming up next weekend. Glad you can make it.